About this position
We’re looking for a volunteer who is passionate about ace advocacy to help grow and maintain our network of ace and aro community groups. You’ll be the primary contact for community groups across the United States and Canada, helping coordinate meetings and hangouts for our groups, and helping bring new community groups into the network.
This position is internet-based, so you can work from wherever you’d like! If you live in Toronto, you can always join us at our office as well.
In order to ensure our network has the attention and resources it needs to flourish, you will be expected to commit six to ten hours per week for at least three months. If you’re able to stay on past August, that’s even better!
Who we’re looking for
You’re a natural socializer – someone who enjoys chatting with others over email and the phone. You have no trouble building relationships with others, are welcoming, and are more than willing to help others find their way around our network.
You’re a problem solver. If one of your contacts asks you a question that you can’t answer, you make it your mission to find out. You understand the power of sharing knowledge, and have no hesitations asking others for input.
You’re unapologetically passionate. You have a real passion for ace advocacy and relationship building, and it shows through in your work. You’re coming to volunteer because you truly love the ace community and are passionate about making a difference.
You’re trustworthy and professional. You have no problem acting as a face for the organization, and are eager to learn everything you can about the organization so that you can answer any questions that come your way. You’re able to handle confidential information with the care it needs, and can communicate in a professional manner.
What to expect
- You’ll get to know the Asexual Outreach team and become part of our community.
- You’ll have a significant impact in furthering the national ace advocacy movement alongside communities across the country.
- You’ll stay in the know about current initiatives and key developments in the ace advocacy movement.
- You’ll build relationships with ace community groups across the country and learn how they’re working to solve challenges.
- You’ll represent Asexual Outreach and our values to community groups across the United States and Canada.
- You’ll help coordinate meetings and social activities among the communities in our network.
- As a key member of our team, you’ll work closely with our Executive Director in setting goals and solving problems.
- You’ll help connect communities facing challenges to resources and mentors.
- You’ll bring new communities into our network, helping orient them and providing them with resources to strengthen their communities.
Applications for this position are accepted on a rolling basis. You can apply through the following application form.
We will email you to acknowledge your application within one week of you applying. Please contact us if you don’t hear back within that time.