About this position
We’re looking for a volunteer who is passionate about communications and ace advocacy to help establish and maintain a monthly newsletter. You’ll be in charge of fielding regular articles on community group organizing, ongoing news about the ace advocacy movement, and successes within different community groups. Through this newsletter, you’ll help to build up a more connected national community, engage local community groups, and further the awareness of ace advocacy across the country.
This position is internet-based, so you can work from wherever you’d like! If you live in Toronto, you can always join us at our office as well.
Because our newsletter has not yet been established, you will be expected to commit four to eight hours per week for at least six months to ensure the resources and structure exist for our newsletter to continue. If you’re able to stay on past six months, that’s even better!
Who we’re looking for
You’re naturally inquisitive. You love learning new things, and continually seek out news and information to discover more about our community. You’re driven to find stories that highlight the unique successes and challenges of ace communities, and yearn to share those stories with the world.
You’re an organizer. You can map a project down to digestible chunks while retaining a high level view of everything that’s happening. You have no problems delegating tasks to your teammates, and understand that everyone plays an essential role in the organization.
You’re a problem solver. If a team member is struggling to complete an assignment, you take the initiative to identify a solution that plays off the strengths of your team. You understand the power of sharing knowledge, and have no hesitations asking others for input.
You’re trustworthy and professional. You have no problem acting as a face for the organization, and are eager to learn everything you can about the organization so that you can represent our values authentically. You’re able to handle confidential information with the care it needs, and can communicate in a professional manner.
What to expect
- You’ll get to know the Asexual Outreach team and become part of our community.
- You’ll have a significant impact in furthering in-depth awareness of ace news and advocacy among individuals and communities across the country.
- You’ll stay in the know about current initiatives and key developments in the ace advocacy movement.
- You’ll build relationships with ace community groups, advocates, and organizers working on diverse issues throughout the movement.
- You’ll coordinate a monthly newsletter to share regular news and content about the ace advocacy movement.
- You’ll organize a team of writers and contributors to create and share meaningful stories.
- You’ll help establish a framework for content creation that promotes our values and expands awareness.
- As a key member of our team, you’ll work closely with our Executive Director in setting goals and solving problems.
Applications for this position are accepted on a rolling basis. You can apply through the following application form.
We will email you to acknowledge your application within one week of you applying. Please contact us if you don’t hear back within that time.